Tuesday, 4 September 2007

Birthdays, eye bags and baggages

I didn't think turning 24 years old would turn me into a vampire at all but that's what exactly happened to me last weekend. I celebrated my birthday last Friday and ended up practically Sunday morning leaving me totally hammered with all the booze we had. Needless to say, I was sooo tired and weak I couldn't be bothered to get up early and strut my way to work. In fairness, I work hard and if a girl works hard, she plays and party s a hard as well.

When I finally saw what I looked like in an ungodly hour of 7 oc'clock in the morning, I freaked out and scared the big S out of me---I channelled Amy Winehouse and Maggie Simpson all at once. Usually, I don't mind looking like them at all especially on a lazy Sunday afternoon but it was MONDAY morning, for crying out loud and I don't want to look like a drugged singer or a cartoon character in the office!

I immediately soaked myself in a warm tub for a quick detox with ice cubes on each eye to inflate my bulging eyes. After rinsing I went through the whole excruciating ordeal of blow drying my shoulder length hair and putting on a tad of make up. But my eyes were still swollen so I had to use my magic potion which I will share to you today:


The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream---A moisturizing eye cream that helps protect the delicate skin around the eye area, reducing the appearance of fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles, leaving skin feeling soft and smooth. Contains moisturizing shea butter and rose hip oil.

If that still fails, go for this:

L'Oreal Hydra Zen Yeux

This incredibly refreshing gel-cream instantly hydrates and soothes the delicate eye area. Its unique formula helps to reduce the appearance of puffiness and ease away signs of fatigue to leave your eyes feeling soothed and refreshed.

These are two powerful weapons in times of a heavy eye baggage. If push comes to shove and eyes still looked like they were the day after you broke up with your first boyfriend, try this:

The new eyewear from Chanel.

Now, since you can't put those glasses on the whole day at work, the best best thing to do is to be a little creative with your eye shadow mix and matches. Dab a little more than normal of a lighter shade on your eyes, like light pink, blue, or silver then apply an eyeliner on your upper lids which makes you look a little chinky. This way, the bulge would be slightly noticeable. Don't overdo it though if you don't want to look like a remnant of the sixties or worse, Susie Wong.

My birthday's over (and the puffiness of my eyes have disappeared) and I truly enjoyed the weekend. Next year though, I don't want this to happen again. Surely, I would go out again but NOT the whole weekend. I wish.
Help me God.

---Asha

Note: If you have any beauty secrets to share, please email me at: marbellastyle@gmail.com

details: www.thebodyshop.com www.loreal.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails