Friday, 11 January 2008

Demonizing my Fairytales

The House of Holland says it. Elena Gallen draws it.

The House of Holland lo dice, Elena Gallen lo dibuja.


Meet Elena Gallen--an artist, graphic designer and filmaker from Barcelona whose works are popular with Spanish design cults, clubgoers and of course, bloggers. She's the new addition to funky t-shirt designers with her famous coke-Kate sketch as bestseller.

Elena gallen es una artista, diseñadora, y directora de cine de Barcelona. Sus trabajos son muy populares para los disendores graficos, amante de clubs y por supuesto, bloggers. Ella hace camisetas muy funky, cool y chula como la con dibujo de coke-Kate que la diseñadora ha vendido mucho.

Unlike House of Holland though, Elena twists my fairytale illusions. Yup, I grew up in Disneyland with high hopes that my prince will soon come we'll live happily ever after (have you seen Enchanted yet? I'm sure all the kids image of Prince Charming now is Patrick Dempsey. lol). I've never imagined seeing Bambi with two heads and the Little Mermaid with three breasts but anyway, the t-shirts are just so strangely cute that I wanna wear it one night in a club with leather jacket, skinny jeans and a pair of leather boots that will make Jenna Jameson envious to death.

He crecido con mucha ilusion sobre cuentos de hadas y la verdad, Elena me ha sorprendido mucho. No puedo creer un Bambi con dos cabezas ni la sirenita con tres tetas pero sus creaciones son muy chulas y me encantaria ponermelas una noche con unos pantalones super estrechos, una chaqueta de piel de color negra, y unos botines que Jenna Jameson se haria envidiosisima.



Aren't these lovely? The triple.breasted mermaid

Double-headed Bambi
Tattooed Octopussy
Paris' Tinkerbell


The weekend will be laborious and will not be able to go out. Something to cheer me up though and I'm sharing it all with you---(drumrolls) The sinful pralines from LIDL. Hurray!

Tengo mucho trabajo y no podre salir este fin de semana pero esto me va a acompañar y me gustaria repartirlo a todo vosotros que leeis mi blog----los Pralines ricos de LIDL!

This is one reason why I love Spain. I mean, where on earth can you get authentic Belgian chocolates for 3 euros?

Esto es unas de las razones por que a mi me encanta España. Digo, donde puedes encontrar los autenticos bombones belgas por 3 euros? Solamente en Lidl.jejejej.



Have a good weekend everyone. Meanwhile, I will indulge on this sin.

Que os divertais el finde. Y yo de momento, voy a disfrutar este picado tan rico.


Besos!

P.S.
I know my spanish is sinful as well but at least I tried. I need some practice so I will be posting in Castellano as well starting Monday.

Yo sé que mi castellano esta muy mal todavia pero necesito praticar mas . Por eso, escribiré en este idioma apartir del Lunes.


Check out the Elena's site on www.elenagallen.com




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails