Monday, 18 February 2008

M.I.A. and M.T.P. (my tacky postcards)



I know, I know, this thing about M.I.A. posing for Marc Jacobs is old news but I'm not gonna talk about that at all neither would I talk about how I wanted to give her a pair of hair iron or a blow dryer to ease out those unruly frills; or a hot bath.

I still can't decipher what MIA and Marc Jacob's fans have in common ( It's like street vs. the French Riviera or something) to actually join forces and rush to the stores and buy what she was wearing but there you go...hit or miss, I'm sure it caused some stir.

Coincidentally, MIA reminds me in a very surreal way, of tacky postcards my good friend Robert sends me during his travels. Rob is German but lives in the Netherlands and like an alarm clock, he flees the windmill country every winter to escape the biting frost. Asia is his favourite playground for its sun and warm people. Over the years, he has been sending me really tacky sometimes weird postcards which scare the shiz outta me just like pictures of some bizarre rituals in India (I think) or Malaysia where people pierce their whole body with long metal sticks as part of a religious rite.

Here's some of the card he sent me:

From Egypt


From India


From Bali Indonesia (the card was bought elsewhere obviously).

These cards make me laugh a lot of times and remind me of how lucky I am to have such good friends, even though they are a little bit nutty. lol. As I am typing this entry, he is in Malaysia enjoying himself with tropical weather, immaculate white sand and emerald waters. Lucky bitch.
In fairness to M.I.A. though, I am beginning to love some of her music. I say some because a lot of the songs' thumpings give me headache. It's the same as the love hate relationship I have with Bjork. The Icelandic girl gives me goosebumps and brings tears to eyes sometimes; a lot of times, her screaming gives me forced monthly periods.

I am so into one of her songs right now called Jimmy. If you want some tacky sound which makes you want to shake your stuff, listen to this. Just make sure no one is around.

So, ladies, gentlemen, and gentlegays (Google says the trannies love my blog! Olé!) , presenting, my LSS (last song syndrome) of the week: Jimmy by M.I.A. (you really need a ceramic hair iron girl).





All together now, Jimmy, Aaaaja!Jimmy, Aaaja!

LOL.

Besos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails