Monday, 10 March 2008

They say "It Girl", I say "That's it, girl?"

I know a lot of fashion bloggers and fashionistas are loving the new girl on the block (ok, she's not that new either. She's done tons of films already and currently gliding her way through the fashion biz with her new contract with Chloe Perfume to boot) but I don't know, I'm not really convinced. I'd rather stick to my Olsen twins when it comes to some serious quirky fashion action.

My eyes literally hurt after seeing The Chloe for Opening Ceremony Lookbook online. It was not about the quality of the pictures really or the lack of it. I mean, Juergen Teller's work for Marc Jacobs featuring Victoria Beckham in a bag is kinda weird for my taste as well. But it worked. It worked brilliantly in fact.

What's wrong with Chloe's campaign is the attempt to raise the dead---the 90's. I know the 80's and 90's are making a big comeback this year (and every year) but channelling Sarah Jessica Parker in the pre-Sex and the City madness is just a big disappointment.Even SJP has reinvented herself already, sweetie, if you haven't noticed. Cropped tops, white socks (Michael Jackson?), and floral overalls looked like a failed attempt to be a fierce Lolita.

I was a 90's teen and in high school I had a classmate and friend named Chloe Kate. She was the tallest in the class and her legs were endless. She was a great school athlete though never really excelled in class. This campaign by Chloe makes me want to do what my high school friend Chloe did best---run.


O.M.G!

Alicia Silverstone, is that you?

No, it's not my photoshop-ing skills. It's really just like that.

Besos!

P.S.
Thanks a million to www.fabsugar.com for mentioning us as "link for the weekend" last Friday! Muchisimas Gracias!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails