Friday, 10 July 2009

Meet my Future Ex-Husband: Josep Font

I Wish.

Josep Font, Spain's one and only ambassador to Paris Haute Couture unveiled his latest Autumn/Winter 2009-2010 collection along with Ellie Saab and Jean-Paul Gaultier, July 08,2009.


My future ex-husband brought homage to Frank Stella, an american painter and sculptor famous for his tridimensions, colors and use of perpectives.


With his homage to Stella, my future ex-husband used surprising volumes in skirts, trousers and shoulder pads which seemed like moving sculptures.


Also, he fused art with tradition, inspired by Mexico's day of the dead celebration through his vibrant colors and chromatic contrast.


Josep debuted in Paris Houte couture in 2008, the first ever Spanish designer to be included in the high fashion runways of Paris. This is his fourth time and I bet my dollar, this won't be the last that we're gonna see him.

Josep Font work under the label Gabriela in Spain.




The headresses are quite similar to palmas in the domingo de ramos (palm sunday celebration in Holy Week) celebration. A very catholic, very Spanish tradition since time immemorial.

Josep's work looked like it's inspired by fairy tales and Tim Burton--it's genius and I love it.
Jenny Barchfield of the Associated Press called his collection "crazy, definitely. Brilliant, possibly".
It is the thin line between madness and creativity that creates a genius.
As for me, I am madly inlove with this genius.
Besos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails