Wednesday, 16 September 2009

The Beautiful Ballerino shoes

I admit, I haven't heard of Michael Bastian before. However after seeing his fabulous collection in the NY times, I wouldn't be surprise if he would soon be a household name in Men's fashion around the globe.

His designs reminds me of a lot of shots by the Sartorialist combining blazers/jackets with short trousers which is overtly European style.
Whilst browsing through his collection, I noticed a significant thing that made my heart race and fell in love with instantly. No, not the gorgeous models, their washboard abs or their perfectly styled hair, reminiscent of a true gentlemen---It is actually these:

The ballerino shoes!
With Marc Jacobs' flat shoes invading the catwalk recently, it seems that even men's fashion is taking notes. Easy to slip into, no strings to tie and definitely comfy, I don't think there's any reason why this shoes wouldn't be a huge hit in the market. Beautifully androgynous, Michael Bastian did a very good job on this one.

Is the male population ready for this? I don't know.

One thing I know for sure is that a straight man will never be caught wearing them UNLESS Mr. Bastian keep it sweet and simple: Lose the ribbon and stick to solid dark colors.

To the men: This is an item your girlfriends would love to steal from you. Be warned.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails