Monday, 7 September 2009

The Extraterrestrial Skirt






I meant to post this a couple of weeks back but because of my workload (I'm an office bitch if anyone wants to know), I had it in my drafts box forever.

Browsing the net through for images of harem pants for my article in HOT Marbella, I stumbled upon this piece which made my mind boggled.

Is it a pair of pants? or is it a skirt? I tried to figure it out from the pictures alone but couldn't get a proper judegment.

It looks like a trouser yes, but something about how it drapes and moves made me think, it might be a skirt.

So, saving my brain for more unnecessary thinking, I phoned up their PR company to confirm the identity of this extraterrestrial piece of clothing.

The answer? It is a Skirt.

Designed by Seville born Anjara, this piece is part of her A/W09 collection which is very feminine yet splashed with some hint of rock and roll in them Also, you can see in her work a dash of the bohemian spirit which the Spanish are quite known for.

Let me give you my take on this convoluted skirt---I think that this piece is wearable for men too! A pair of skinny jeans or leggings (if he's more adventurous) and this go fab with a pair of jacket or just some funky, kick ass shirt.


I am actually thinking of getting one for the fashion week. Accreditation result this week. God help me.



Besos!

click images to increase size

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails