Thursday, 17 September 2009

Some Words of Wisdom by Uncle karl


I have been following Karl Lagerfeld's Tweets and loving his dramatic quotations each day.

Here are some of my favorites:

"The imagination can transform all sorts of personal insanity into elements of self-invention, and you need to make use of this."

"I try not to be sentimental and obsessive about possessions. I love collecting, but I hate owning."

"Guilty feelings about clothes are totally unnecessary. A lot of people earn their living by making clothes, so you should never feel bad."

"
Logos and branding are so important. In a big part of the world, people cannot read French or English--but are great in remembering signs."

"I think I'm going to have a dinner party where no one speaks. I'll give all my guests pens and pads instead of the usual dinner conversation"

"I have no scene. I go everywhere. I adapt."

"On this day each year, I soak the previous year's calendar in my mother's favorite perfume and then set it ablaze. Here's to a fresh start"

and lastly...

"Florals are for middle-aged women with weight problems."


Uncle Karl, I would be waiting for book version of your quotations if you ever decide to do one. All covered in black satin Chanel goodness, I hope.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails